Monday, April 4, 2011

I have been blessed with alot of wonderful friends... I've shared that before. I love my friends, and am always there to help in whatever they need.

We know each other differently, all the 'good' and all the 'fun' in each other. We enjoy each other's company, and spend time together that we take for granted.

When someone we love is suddenly faced with an illness that we think will never hit that close to home, that feeling of helplessness is almost too much to bare.

We think that we're, somewhat, invincible.... that we're too strong to have such a devastating illness.

The emotions of discovering such an illness in someone you are so close to, are immeasurable.... you dwell on the realization that a best friend that you always call whenever you want to take a spontaneous road trip.... one who you know will always have your back... one who will keep your secrets.... one who understands you when noone else will.... is facing something that NOBODY should have to face.

It's not fair!!

But God is good, and He will get us through things that we don't understand. I will do whatever I can for my friend, and most of all, I will pray... ALOT!

It's been a very emotional day for me, so if some of this doesn't make sense... it's ok, it doesn't really have to, right now.

I just felt I needed to write something. Thanks for reading it.

Joann~

12 comments:

  1. Joann, you are so right. We as humans don't usually think "it" can ever happen to us, but things do. I'm sorry to here about your friend and I'm sorry you are going through this.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann, I do hope that whatever has been worrying you about your friend is soon resolved. You may not know that sarah my beloved sister died on Friday. she and I were as close as sisters can possibly get and I miss her so so much. It is the little things one misses, we were forever on the phone to one another throughoutthe day..we woudl be aetching TV or listning to radio and we would be calling to say "watch X" "listen to x" and bang the phone down...or even just to say Hi love you x, Just a short time ago I lifted the phone to speak to her and had that awful empty feeling rise up in my stomach..she called me every morning around 7.15..and Sunday was teh first Sunday in at least 20 years that we have not shared lunch....unless we were on holiday....It felt so odd.
    Anyway love try to keep smiling. and Know that your friends all LOVE you xx
    Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope whatever has happened all will be OK in the end ~ keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer always helps and it is one thing we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry this is happening..I can feel your pain through your words...

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((((((((((((((((((Joann))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does make sense. I hope this all turns out the very best that it can. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope and Faith help to get us through dark moments in our lives. May the angels surround you and your friend in a warm embrace during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is trying when one is sick, all you can do is what you can do. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joann, How are you ? missing you.
    Love Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Joann,
    I love your posts! they are deep and beautiful too! Happy Easter my dear friend!Thanks for posting on my blog! Yes I understand some French!
    It's funny how kids ar eina world of theri own no?
    hugs :):)
    love natalie
    Lurkynat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Joan you are so right. I can remember what my family went through when we found out my uncle had cancer of the bone marrow. we asked a lot of questions...
    His dead now but God is the only source of our comfort. lovely post.
    Just a new follower. Love your blog. Please visit mine also.
    www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!