Saturday, January 24, 2009

FACEBOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm on Facebook now.... but don't know anybody's real names... so if I haven't accepted you as a friend yet, I'm sorry.... send me an e-mail or something. I'm just learning Facebook, Beth and Ken have been kind in showing me the ropes, like who my friends are.... LOL!!! I can't find my 'wall' that everyone's writing on, but I'm sure I will soon enough.

You all know by now, I'm sure, how SLOW I am at NEW stuff, but I'll keep at it!

Tonight, My son and I are going to see Phantom of the Opera in Hollywood!!! Can't wait, that's one I have NOT seen yet!! And one that Chris has always wanted to see, so I bought him a ticket for Christmas (and myself one too... LOL!!!) Wish I could have taken a pic of his face when he opened the box containing the tix at Christmas!!

I made a shadow box out of a shirt box, and pasted (internet) pics of the play, with the tix right in the middle, and put a t-shirt on top. So he opened it and thought it was just a t-shirt, but when he took the t-shirt out, he saw the ticket on the bottom of the box!! His eyes and his mouth just got wider and wider as he realized what the ticket was for!!!

Anyway, we'll go have dinner locally, then head out to the Pantages in Hollywood.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, too!!

Joann

19 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful. Have a great time with your son.
    I'm on facebook too, but I rarely use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fabulous evening - in Hollywood no less!! Wow! You have such an exciting life, I guess I compare it to living in nowhere land, it seems so glamorous.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Click your own picture to go to your wall :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, that should be a great play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how did you find me on there lol?? Just curious. If I have my first and last name posted anywhere other than there please let me know!

    I hope you enjoy the show with your son!!

    *M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea for wrapping the tickets. You "masked" them. Haha...get it?! Phantom? Mask? Shutting up now.

    I'm far from an expert with FB, but if you have questions, don't hesitate to drop me an email and I'll help if I can.

    Have a blast tonight!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a clever idea with how you wrapped the ticket for the play! I bet you guys will have a great time!!

    (LOL about facebook; I accepted you as a friend not knowing/remembering your last name but figuring if someone was wanting to be my friend, I'd say "yes"; it just "clicked" that it was you that I accepted!!! I'm still new to it too; I like how you can just write a snippet to someone to let them know you are thinking of them; sort of like text messaging on the computer)

    have fun tonight! tell us all about it

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll figure it out. I'm finding new features of Facebook all the time. I saw the "Phantom of the Opera" movie a few years back but have never seen the stage play. Have a wonderful time and we'll be anxious to hear all about your evening in Hollywood. Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you are both going to have a great time. I used to take my daughter to plays when she was little. I miss that. I think maybe I will take her to see another one soon. It has been to long. That was a great idea on how you surprised him. I love those shadow boxes. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. facebook doesn't do it for me..i'm on there but don't do a whole lot with it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Joann! My facebook email address is: julielangley66@yahoo.com :) Add me on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joann have a really wonderful evening with your brother.It is such a wonderful production I know you will enjoy it...Sorry I won't join you on facebook...we had such a very hard time getting my niece's name taken off when she died and it was all very upsetting..so I stay clear...however enjoy yourself but don't get so involved that you miss us out !!
    Love sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time!!
    what a great way you wrapped it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joann, joim the club of baffled Facebook initiates as we go through the trial by fire to understand the wierd thinking behind it all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm on facebook too and you can put your badge on your journal. Check mine out and you'll see what I mean. I'll look for you and try to send you an invite.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are about 60 people from Jland on Facebook now. I think I have a link for you to go to and you can see pictures of people and names you might know or not.
    Let me get it:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=40821321068
    I love it on there and have had fun with everyone even the ones I don't know that well.
    I would not blog on there, but its nice to go to one place and be able to say hello to everyone and takes less time. IF you don't have time to go from blog to blog that day.
    Good luck, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie - I can't find you on facebook. Add me to yout list jimsulliv3@aol.com

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!!